Thursday, December 10, 2009

More poetry please!!

Today was a long day at work!! About 90% of the employees went to an hour meeting at the end of the day so just a few of us were left on the floor working. So, I was less that enthused to work so I wrote some poetry. It's the first time I've written poetry since leaving my last blog. So read it and maybe you'll get something out of it??

I was a little resentful that I couldn't sit in the meeting so these poems are a little....angry? haha. No joke, if I could sit in a meeting ALL day then I would have found the perfect job!



SHOULD HAVE...COULD HAVE...IT'S OVER AND DONE WITH NOW

should have stayed quiet
kept my mouth shut and remained silent

should have turned away
and never said hello, and kept it that way

should have forgot your name
erased you sooner without any pain

should have kept it brief
to stop my thoughts from twisiting into grief

should have read the sign
it said "dead end" yet I passed on by

should have made a choice
that was truly mine and not from another's voice

should have know from all my ignorant bliss
that this would all end exactly like this


fin



I PAINTED A PICTURE FOR YOU

in the stillness I'm tied up tight
my feet wrapped and my arms at my side

I've tried to scream or even utter a word
but the sound is blocked and only by my ears heard

I have trapped myself into a frame
and painted a picture so you won't run away

So in this picture you see my smile
a perfect example of a happy child

but behind the picture the colors run
and pour into my veins a self fed poison

but you'll never see the truth i hide
because I've fought to keep you out of my life

fin


IT CONTINUES UPWARD ALWAYS

bitter still
it grows intense

crying still
my mind's a mess

regretful still
it stops on repeat

quiet still
I am unable to speak

hiding still
from you and from this

stopping still
because it's you I still miss

fin


x_X

No comments:

Post a Comment

boyoma